Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Geezette on The Run

For you who have so kindly asked, "Where the freak ARE you these days?", I've been working on custom-written and illustrated books for kids of all ages. It's a new venture for me, and, dudes and dudettes, it puts the "tired" in retired! But I love it.
In the meantime, how about politics nowadays? Can you even believe we elected these loons, or are considering electing the latest crop of loons?
I mean: the congressnuts from my own Pretty Puzzling State of Utah are Jason Chaffetz and Mike Lee, and that adorable living fossil, Orrin (I'll say anything the tea party wants me to say) Hatch (formerly knownn - oooh about 40 years ago as Mr. Term Limits). Chaffetz wants to declare incredibly beauteous spans of wild federal land in this state as "excess" and sell it off for drilling, "development", and so on. Follow the money on this one, kids, and see where it leads. Mike Lee wants to have a Super Pac (remember, corporations and other entities are "people" now according to the Supremes) while IN OFFICE to raise untold, unimaginable amounts of money to support whomever he decides is worthy.
OMG. I mean, seriously???
Well, must say adieu for awhile. Thank you all for your more than kind remarks. I do intend to write again in the space. Go in peace.

1 comment:

  1. So good to hear from you again! Would love to see some of the books you're working on - anything for 3 year-olds? I've got one of those!
    Ugh...politics. We need a party based on common sense..that would not get corrupted by the almighty dollar!

    ReplyDelete